Saturday, February 23, 2013

Postia, mail. (2.)

  Hello lovelies! 

 First i would like to welcome all new readers, it is nice to see that so many are interested in my mail life. :) This post is a sequel for my last post. I was supposed to post earlier, but I guess I`ve been busy? This week has been SPECTACULAR mailwise, so i had to cut this post in two parts too. Second part coming this weekend if i don`t get lazy. :)

(p.s To keep my posts more up to date, i wont be posting about all "normal" letters i send and receive. At least for this time of the year, when Letter Month is still running and i get and send more mail than usual.)

All this mail on one day! Just amazing.

This lovely letter came from Jennyrose in Usa. I love Helena Bonham Carter, Jennyrose had decorated one of her letter papers with Helenas picture. <3

These are from Beth in Canada. Just my favourite colors! <3

From Camille in UK. The yellow thing is a magnet with Lambanana on it, you heard me, Lambanana. It is a creature half lamb and half banana. LOVE it!

This beautiful envelope with decotape samples and a lovely letter came from Jessica in Usa.

From Miriam in Spain. The bookmark reminds me of the amazing Frida Kahlo. And see those Gaudi -stickers, wow! Gaudi is one of my favourite architects.

I sent a postcard to Alison in UK via sendsomething and she sent me all this in return!

Alisons envelope was very pretty and it contained poetry by Alfred Lord Tennyson. A nice idea! I think i need to start making poetic envelopes too.

From Lisa in Usa i received these via decotape swap at swap-bot. I love the colors here!

This beautifully stamped envelope is from Sherry in Usa. Also a swap-bot swap.

From Sherry. She had included sports themed postcards since my boyfriend is a huge sportsfan. :) The robot makes me smile.
    
Sherry had also made an own envelope for my daughter. So sweet of her! <3

    These are from Sherry too. I just LOVE the rubberstamps, don`t you? <3

From Roxanne in Canada came this lovely envelope
The backside of Roxannes envelope. The text here pretty much recaps my priorities in life at the moment. :)
 
Roxanne had packed everything this pretty. I almost felt bad opening this, cause it was so nicely made.
     
This is what Roxanne sent. I just love the notecards! And the postcard with the lovely lady is going to be framed and put on my wall. :)
I have also (of course...) bought something. These beauties are from Petite Paperie.

I also bought some postcards from a Finnish seller, Janne Harala Tmi. These will be wonderful for Postcrossing. (And for all Finnish readers out there, the shop still has a great discount -60% of all postcards.)
I have noticed that many mail lovers also love books, so here are some. These two i have borrowed from the local library. The Land of Decoration by Grace McCleen and The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach. I havent yet started, but i`ve heard these are good. Have you read these yet?

These i bought. Oh the lovely Adlibris, where even us Finns can find great books! :)
This is the mail i sent after last weekend. :)
Outgoing from last weekend..



A great mail week, don`t you think? And this is just the beginning! More coming soon. I hope you are having a happy time wherever you are. <3

15 comments:

  1. That Japanese/chinese themed box you got from the UK looks interesting.... You really had a great mail week. And I'm not surprised to see you get more and more readers, your blog is really fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice compliment! You are btw next person i will start writing a letter to, so expect something from me soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you did get a lot of great mail. I love how you decorated your envelopes. I also really like the rubber stamp envelope that you got from Roxanne. I have a few of the Found books. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first i want to thank you for the nice letter you sent! I try to answer soon. :) And there is more Found books?? Nice to know. I may need to find those too. :D

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a lovely bunch of mail you received in one day! :) I love the pretty rubber stamped envelopes. I have many stamps but hardly ever use them. I need to get them out. I love the pretty decorated envelopes you made and sent out. :) You certainly receive some awesome swaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, i`ve been spoiled with such good mail lately. <3 I have also many unused rubberstamps, i should use them more, because the decorations made with those can be pretty neat. Maybe i should join more stamping swaps..

      Delete
  4. You really got AMAZING mail indeed! I absolutelly love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my baluba! That is like going into Mail Heaven seeing this post :D Just wow wow wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Mail Heaven post just published ;)

      Delete
  6. WOW O.O I love everything you got! Especially the stamped envelopes, such a wonderful and easy idea. Your envelopes look awesome too, colorful! Also the round tags are beautiful...everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I like colors so i try to use them much too, usually no beige here. :)

      Delete
  7. Have you read/started reading "The third sunrise" yet? If so, what do you think of it? I googled it and found a synopsis online, thinking I might want to read it but at the same time I kinda want to know if it's good because it would be so so personal if it's not, if that makes sense.. :S

    And you're right, that IS indeed a great mail week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven`t started reading The Third Sunrise yet, thanks for reminding me! :) I just purchased a Kindle, oh my, and I´ve been playing with it lately. Soul sold now! I thought i would be the last person EVER to buy a Kindle, but here we are.. And it is fabulous!

      Delete